Monday, June 8, 2009

JUNE 8th ALL VINYL SHOW

Howdy, Been a while,
Broke my laptops screenlight, so less internet is good and bad.

Started off rough. Had to learn how to use the turntables as 9 came and passed. poop. So I started with:

Sunparlour players: North and Make a sound, the first two tracks of off of the brand new album. It sounds so nice, and the songwriting is only getting better.
When the turntables finally worked for me:

Ned Landry: St. ann's reel/Road to the isles
Mississippi John Hurt: Since I layed my burdens down

and the amazing Dave Van Ronk

Statesborough blues
'bout a spoonfull

Dave Van Ronk is an amazing singer songwriter. If Bob Dylan was on the Communist "red" list in the fifties. DVR. More of him to come.

Switched Gears at 9:30

Oscar Peterson/ Stephane Grapelli- blues for Musidisc
Joe Pass/ Ray Brown/ Milt Jackson- The pink Panther
Eddie "lockJaw" Davis- Bye Bye Blackbird
Arthur Lyman- Cotton Fields
Herb Alpert & tijuana Brass- More and More amour/ Mae
Shakti w. John Mclaughlin- Mind Ecology

10:00
The wonderfully cheezy
idris Muhammad- Disco Man
Billy preston/Sly Stone- In the midnight hour/ Free Funk
Leroy Sibbles- I've never found me a girl

Finishing up
Kwame- Family affair
and
Curtis Mayfield- Back to the world

i bought a tylus so look for more vinyl goodness in the weeks to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment